Speech-Language Pathology Students at Midwestern University Experience…
Individualized, Intentional Mentorship Through…
Faculty advocacy from academic and clinical SLP professionals who foster students’ knowledge, skills, and unique potential through...
- Four quarters of diverse, personalized clinical rotations in the on-campus Speech Language Institute with experienced and caring Midwestern University clinical faculty (7:1 or less student to faculty ratio).
- An individually mentored Thesis or Capstone project in the student’s area of interest.
- Quality academic advising by SLP faculty who support each student’s professional development.
Excellence in Teaching and Learning Through…
- Human brain dissection, voice prosection, laryngeal imaging.
- Standardized patient encounters (assessment and treatment with actors trained to portray individuals with communication disorders).
- Virtual clinical cases and a University Simulation Center with high fidelity mannequins offering real-world student experiences with low incidence disorders.
- An innovative, on-campus clinic (Speech-Language Institute) with extensive student and faculty resources, such as the Computerized Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN), providing opportunities for implementation of interprofessional rehabilitation and research.
Quality Person-Centered Outcomes for Current & Future Clients Through…
- Complete grand rounds, courses, and labs with other future allied healthcare professional preparing students for interprofessional practice
- Deliver collaborative, patient-centered care with (Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, Vision Therapists) in the Midwestern University Therapy Institute.
Unique Clinical Experiences
- Intensive evidence-based treatment programs in on-campus clinic and mini-rotations in underserved areas of the community
- Two full-time advanced practicum rotations (internships) in cities of choice across the country or in one of many rotations within the greater Phoenix area (e.g. Mayo Clinic, Barrow Neurological Institute, private practice settings, and placements within Arizona's highest ranking school districts).