We will prepare the resident to provide high quality, person-centered care directed by geriatrics principles, integrate geriatric concepts into health professional education, and develop an individual's geriatric practice management.
Strategies for Achieving our Vision:
- Seeking prospective residents that are passionate about geriatric patient care, eager to take initiative, and interested in teaching.
- Providing a resident-centered learning environment.
- Engaging and supporting residents in all aspects of professional development, including service, leadership, and scholarly activity.
- Exposing residents to key elements of academia beyond precepting and lecturing.
- Recruiting and retaining preceptors that are passionate about geriatric patient care, engaged in personal preceptor development, and contributing to the geriatric body of knowledge.
- Maintaining and developing a variety of experiences in diverse geriatric patient care settings.