The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program may elect to accept transfer students. Transfer students must apply to the program and, if qualified, must participate in an admissions interview. Any requests for consideration of transfer credit must be provided in writing by the student prior to the interview or by no later than September 1st. Supporting documents such as course syllabi must also accompany this request. Please note that advanced pharmacology, advanced physiology/pathophysiology, advanced physical health assessment, practicum coursework and tandem didactic courses associated with the practicum courses, in addition to skills-based intensives will not be considered for transfer credit. The Admissions Committee must approve all transfer students and will determine the number of graduate transfer credits granted (not to exceed 8 credits).
Transfer students are not accepted during the clinical phase of the program. Also, please note that transfer students/credits are not accepted into the Post-Master’s Certificate/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Track.
In order to receive credit for previous coursework completed at other institutions, students must submit a Transfer of Credit Request Application to be evaluated by the Admissions Committee. The transfer of credit has the following conditions:
- Transferred course credit is limited to graduate level courses from recognized, regionally accredited degree granting institutions.
- Credit is not transferred for a clinical practicum or an internship.
- Credit may only be awarded for courses in which grades of B- or better were attained.
- Credit can only be awarded for courses completed within the seven-year period prior to matriculation.
- Transfer of Credit Request Applications must be submitted by September 1st.
- Please contact the program for a list of eligible courses for transfer.