Midwestern University is approved by the Illinois State Approving Agency to certify enrollment for veteran education benefits for eligible programs. Students who receive veteran education benefits are required to provide official military transcripts to the Office of the Registrar when requesting certification for those benefits. Midwestern University reviews all prior education and training for VA benefit recipients. Midwestern University does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Because Midwestern University is a private, not-for-profit institution, students who are Illinois veterans are not eligible for Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) funding.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e) Midwestern University adopts the following additional provisions for a student who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. If such payments or disbursements under Chapter 31 or 33 are delayed, Midwestern University will not:
- Impose any penalty or late fee;
- Deny the student access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or
- Require the student secure alternative or additional funding up to the amounts covered by Chapter 31 or 33.
To qualify for this provision, students may be required to submit to the Office of the Registrar no later than the first day of class:
- A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33;
- A “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes;
- A written request to use such entitlement;
- Provide additional information necessary to properly certify the enrollment for benefits.
For more go to the Office of the Registrar webpage for Military and Veteran students at https://www.midwestern.edu/admissions/military-and-veteran-students.Students may contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
Office of the Registrar
Dr. Arthur G. Dobbelaere Support Services Hall, Suite 105
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515