Downers Grove, IL Campus Catalog
College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove Campus
- Degree Description
- Curriculum Outcomes
- Graduation Requirements for the Pharm.D. Program
- Licensure Requirements
- Pharm D. Curriculum
- 2016 Core Course Descriptions
- 2021 Core Course Descriptions
- Elective Course Descriptions
- Student Academic Policies
- Student Administrative Policies
- Awards and Scholarships
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty
- Pharmacy Practice Faculty
- College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove Campus
CPDG may accept transfer students from other ACPE-accredited pharmacy schools who are currently enrolled, are in good academic standing, and provide legitimate reasons for seeking transfer.
Transfer applicants should not apply via PharmCAS.
All requests for transfer information should be referred to the CPDG Dean's Office, where potential transfer applicants can be counseled prior to receiving and submitting applications.
Students requesting transfers must meet the College's general requirements for admission. They must also submit the following documents by January 15th:
- A letter to the Dean or Director of Admissions outlining their reasons for requesting transfer and explaining any difficulties encountered at their current institution.
- A completed CPDG transfer application.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended-undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
- Catalogs and detailed pharmacy syllabi for any courses for which advanced standing consideration is requested.
- A letter from the Dean of the college of pharmacy in which the student is enrolled that describes their current academic status and terms of withdrawal or dismissal.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the current college of pharmacy.
- Additional documents or letters of recommendation as determined by the Director of Admissions or Dean.
The Office of Admissions will collect and forward student portfolios to the Office of the Dean for review. When reviews are positive, candidates will be invited for interviews and their applications will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee which will provide a recommendation. When transferring students are admitted and request advanced standing, the Office of the Dean will forward these student requests to the appropriate faculty. No advanced standing credit will be awarded for professional pharmacy coursework completed at a foreign college of pharmacy.
Following the interview, files are forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. The Committee may recommend to accept, deny, or place the student on the alternate list. Recommendations are then forwarded to the Dean for final approval. The Dean, via the Office of Admissions, notifies applicants of their status within one to two weeks of the interview. When transferring students are admitted and request advanced standing, the CPDG Dean's Office will forward students' requests to the Student Promotion and Graduation Committee (see relevant section below). No advanced standing credit will be awarded for professional pharmacy coursework completed at foreign colleges of pharmacy.
PCAT scores are optional and may be provided by transfer student applicants.