Electives Policy and Eligibility
- Advanced Elective Policy
- The Physical Therapy Program offers full time students, who meet eligibility requirements, an opportunity to pursue special interests through advanced physical therapy electives. Eligible students interested in pursuing elective courses will have an opportunity to sign up for elective courses that may be offered during the third academic year.
- Eligibility Requirements
Students who wish to participate in elective coursework must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at time of elective sign-up and when the course begins. In rare circumstances, the GPA requirement may be waived by the Program Director in consultation with the Course Coordinator.
- Participate in no more than a total of 4 credit hours of elective coursework throughout the entire Physical Therapy curriculum.
- Receive the permission of the faculty Course Coordinator (when required).
- Eligible students will commit to the electives by the second week of the Spring quarter of the second year.