Downers Grove, IL Campus Catalog
College of Graduate Studies
- Student Academic Policies
Master of Biomedical Sciences Program
- Degree Description
- Graduation Requirements
- Sample Curriculum
- Course Descriptions
- Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences Program
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Precision Medicine
- Post Graduate Certificate in Precision Medicine
- CGS General Faculty
- College of Graduate Studies
Dual Degree Option
The Biomedical Sciences Program offers an educational opportunity to current MBS students applying to other colleges at Midwestern University. The following policies apply:
- Current MBS students must apply and be accepted into a clinical program on the Downers Grove campus.
- The clinical degree program will be considered the primary degree program and the Biomedical Sciences Program the secondary degree program. Continuity of the primary degree program must be maintained.
- The length of the secondary program will be extended for a time period sufficient to complete the secondary degree program. This may take up to a year depending upon the primary program. Programs may be individualized to accommodate availability of desired courses, academic proficiency, and student preferences. As a secondary degree program, the Biomedical Sciences Program degree must be completed within a total of five years from initial matriculation.
- Students must maintain the minimum cumulative GPA requirements of each program. Failure to maintain the minimum cumulative GPA in either program will result in an academic action.
- The number of credits required for completion of the Biomedical Sciences Program is 72 quarter hours. Some courses from dual degree students' clinical degree program may be deemed suitable for credit in the Biomedical Sciences Program degree program. If approved, these courses may be substituted for credit in the Biomedical Sciences. No Biomedical Sciences Program tuition will be charged for these credits.
- In addition to the established quarterly tuition for the primary degree program, students enrolled in the dual degree program shall pay tuition to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program on a per credit basis. Dual degree students shall receive a 30% discount on the usual Master of Biomedical Sciences Program per credit hour charge for the full duration of their Master of Biomedical Sciences degree program. Master of Biomedical Sciences Program tuition is payable quarterly and determined by the number of credits for which the student is registered.