Downers Grove, IL Campus Catalog
Chicago College of Optometry
- Vision and Goals
- Degree Description
- Graduation Requirements
- Licensure Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Student Academic Policies
- Student Administrative Policies
- Chicago College of Optometry
CCO may elect to accept transfer students from other U.S. accredited schools of optometry who are currently enrolled, are in good academic standing, have no ethics or professionalism violations, and provide acceptable reason(s) for seeking transfer. These transfer students must satisfy the minimum qualifications for admissions as all other applicants to the CCO program. Typically, students will transfer at the beginning of the second year of the curriculum.
Students requesting transfers must meet the College's general requirements for admission. The following must also be submitted.
- A letter to the Director of Admissions outlining the reasons for requesting transfer and explaining any difficulties encountered at the previous institutions
- Course syllabi for all optometry coursework for which advanced standing credit is requested
- Official admission test scores from any one of the following: OAT, MCAT, DAT, PCAT, or GRE
- Official transcripts from all schools attended - undergraduate, graduate, and professional
- A letter from the dean of the college in which the student is enrolled that describes current academic status and terms of withdrawal or dismissal
- Additional documents or letters of recommendation as determined necessary by the Director of Admissions or Dean
Following receipt of these materials, a decision by the Dean is made regarding whether or not the student merits an on-campus interview. If the student receives an invitation, the individual interviews with an appropriate interview team. The interview team then makes an admissions recommendation to the Dean, who is responsible for approving both the student's admissions status and class standing.
The transfer application must be received sufficiently early to allow for processing of the application, interview, and moving of the student prior to the start of the next academic term.