The Ohio State University | 0 | Pharm.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
Clinical Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
PGY2 Infectious Diseases Residency Program Director, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
PharmAcademy Summer High School Program Director, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
Facutly Advisor, Asian Healthcare Association (AHA), Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
Downers Grove, IL
College of Pharmacy
Downers Grove Campus
The Ohio State University | 0 | Pharm.D.
PPRAD 1663 Introduction to Infectious Diseases (Instructor)
PPRAD 1663 Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Stewardship (Instructor)
PPRAD 1316 Advanced Infectious Diseases Elective (Course Director/Instructor)
- Grennan D, Wang S. Steroid Side Effects. JAMA. 2019 Jul 16;322(3):282. doi: 10.1001/jama.2019.8506.
- Avedissian S, Wang SK. Drugs Used to Treat Bacterial Infections. In V Roche, SW Zito, T Lemke, and DA Williams (eds.) Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, 8ed. Maryland: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2019.
- Arif S, Wang SK, Lakada IY, Lee JY. An Elective Course to Train Student Pharmacists to Provide Culturally Sensitive Health Care. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019; 83(8) Article 7027.
- Lee BJ,Wang SK, Constantino-Corpuz JK, Apolinario K, Nadler B, McDanel JS, Scheetz M, Rhodes NJ. Cefazolin versus anti-staphylococcal penicillins for the treatment of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections in acutely-ill adult patients: results of a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Antimicrob Agents.2019 Mar;53(3):225-233. doi: 10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2018.11.013. Epub 2018 Nov 23.
- Wang SK, Gilchrist A,Loukitcheva A,Plotkin B,Sigar I,Gross AE, O’Donnell JN,Pettit N,Buros A,O’Driscoll T, Rhodes NJ, Bethel C,Segreti J,Charnot-Katsikas A,Singh K, Scheetz MH. The Prevalence of a Cefazolin Inoculum Effect Associated with blaZ Gene Types Among Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus aureus Isolates from Four Major Medical Centers in Chicago. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018 Jul 27;62(8). pii: e00382-18. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00382-18. Print 2018 Aug.
- Hodgson H, Sim T, Gonzalez H, Aziz M, Rhee Y, Lewis PO, Jhobalia N, Shields B, Wang SK. Successful treatment of cerebral toxoplasmosis using pyrimethamine oral solution compounded from inexpensive bulk powder. Open Forum Infectious Diseases.2018.Apr 18;5(4):ofy055. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofy055. eCollection 2018 Apr.
- Lee BJ, Rao SN, Wang SK, Lee JY, Lakada I, Gilbert E, Barr VO, Postelnick MJ, Sutton SH, Zembower TR, Bolon M, Scheetz MH, Rhodes NJ. Implementation of a Cefazolin-based Stewardship Pathway for Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus aureus Bloodstream Infections Paired with Infectious Diseases Consultation. Int J Antimicrobial Agents2017May;49(5):650-654. doi: 10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2016.12.021. Epub 2017 Mar 6.
- Rao SN, Wang SK, Gonzalez Zamora J, Hanson AP, Polisetty RS, Singh K. Improving time to optimal Staphylococcus aureus treatment using a penicillin-binding protein 2a assay. Journal of Medical Microbiology2016Dec;65(12):1452-1455. doi: 10.1099/jmm.0.000365. Epub 2016 Oct 14.
- Wang S, Sincak C. Intra-Abdominal Infections. In Koda-Kimble MA, Young LY, editors. Applied Therapeutics: the clinical use of drugs. Philadelphia (PA): Lippinocott Williams & Wilkins. 2016.
- Lee BL, Wang SK, So C, ChiuBG, WangWY, Polisetty R, Quiñones-Boex, Liu H. Addressing the Health Disparities of a Chinatown Community: A Student-Led Health Education Initiative. Am J Pharm Educ. 2015 Nov 25;79(9):132. doi: 10.5688/ajpe799132.
- Rao SN, Rhodes NJ, LeeBJ, Scheetz MH, Hanson AP, Segreti J, Crank CW, Wang SK. Treatment Outcomes of Cefazolin versus Oxacillin for High Burden Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus aureusBloodstream Infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother2015 Sep;59(9):5232-8. doi: 10.1128/AAC.04677-14. Epub 2015 Jun 15.
- Arif S, Scheetz M, Wang S,Sincak C.Novel Work Models Needed for Faculty Members Trying to Balance Clinical Practice With Scholarly Responsibilities. AJPE 2014; 78(1): Article 21.
- Grabiel M, Reutzel TJ, Wang S, Rubin R, Leung V, Ordonez A, Wong M, Jordan E. HPV and HPV Vaccines: The Knowledge Levels, Opinions, and Behavior of Parents. J Community Health.2013Dec;38(6):1015-21. doi: 10.1007/s10900-013-9725-6.
- Tsau K, Reutzel T, Wang S, Quiñones A, Nguyen P, Hasan S, Workman G. The Knowledge Levels and Opinions of Biomedical Students Regarding the Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Recombinant Vaccine. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2011 Apr;24(2):223-34. doi: 10.1177/0897190010387933. Epub 2010 Dec 20.
Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
Hepatitis Coalition of Illinois – Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA)
The Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP)
Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists (ICHP)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Infectious Disease PRN
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- 2019 BPS Seed Grant. $5000. Primary Investigator. Assessment of patients’ perceptions on antimicrobial stewardship and attitudes towards board certified clinical pharmacists within the movement to reduce antimicrobial resistance.
- CCP Resident Research Starter Grant funding by Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. $4000. Awarded October 2018. Co-investigator (Resident Advisor/Program Director for Christie Bertram: PI). Determining 5-day urine pharmacokinetics after administration of intravenous high-dose amikacin-an early assessment of carbapenem-sparing agent for ESBL UTIs.
- Collaboration with the Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA) – Medical Consultant: Sheila K. Wang PharmD. Director, Dr. Hong Liu: primary recipient of the Tier II PCORI Pipeline to Proposal (awarded $20,000 for 2016-17).
- Collaboration with the Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA) - Medical Consultant: Sheila K. Wang PharmD. Director, Dr. Hong Liu is the primary recipient of the Tier I PCORI Pipeline to Proposal (awarded $10,000 for 2017-18).
- Research Grant Program funded by Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. $5114. Awarded May 2016.Primary investigator. An Evaluation of Meropenem Pharmacokinetics in Critically Ill Patients on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
- Chicago College of Pharmacy Teaching in Excellence Grant (intramural). $2265.63. Awarded November 2015. Co-investigator. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Ethnic Minority Groups: Effect of a Health-Screening Elective on Student Pharmacists Knowledge and Confidence.
- Research Grant Program funded by Office of Research and Sponsored Programs - CCP residents and post-doctoral fellows. $3,000. Awarded October 2014 to resident Dr. Tristan O’Driscoll. Primary investigator. Beta-lactamase Gene Types and the Inoculum Effect with Cefazolin among Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus aureus isolates in Chicago Medical Centers: A multi-center prevalence study.
- Research Grant Program funded by Office of Research and Sponsored Programs -CCP residents and post-doctoral fellows. $2,259. Awarded October 2013 to resident Dr. Sheron Mui. Co-investigator. Utilization of a Point-of-Care Device in Identifying Patients with Pre-diabetes and Diabetes within the Chinese American Immigrant Community.
- Chicago College of Pharmacy Teaching in Excellence Grant (intramural). $1640.00. Awarded February 2012.Principal investigator. Preparing for Advanced Practice Pharmacy Experiences (APPEs) and beyond: The utility of an infectious diseases elective course and student clinical performance.
- Chicago College of Pharmacy Research Stimulation Pilot Grant (intramural). $5,000. Awarded June 2012. Co-investigator.HPV and HPV Vaccines: The knowledge levels and opinions of parents.
- 2019 Northwestern Memorial Hospital Pharmacy Week Recognition Award
- 2017-2018 Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy – Outstanding Faculty Award
- 2017-2018 Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy – Outstanding Community Service Award for Asian Healthcare Association (AHA)
- 2016-2017 RUSH University Medical Center Pharmacy Resident Elected - Preceptor of the Year
- Class of 2014 Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy – Teacher of the Year
- 2013 Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA) Annual Benefit Reception - Community Service Award
- Awarded to Midwestern University and the Asian Healthcare Association (AHA) for hepatitis and influenza immunization services.
- 2012-2013 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Student Community Engaged Service Award ($15,000). Awarded during the AACP Annual Meeting July 13-17, Chicago, IL. Faculty Advisor.
- Asian Community Health Education Initiative (ACHEI): Laboratory Consultation Services and Translated Education to the Underserved Community of Chinatown – A Student-Run Community Project.
- 2012 Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA) Annual Benefit Reception - Community Service Award
- Awarded to Midwestern University and the Asian Healthcare Association (AHA) for laboratory consultation and education with translation.
- 2011-2012 Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy - Outstanding Advisor Award for Asian Healthcare Association (AHA)
- 2011-2012 Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy – Outstanding Community Service Award for Asian Healthcare Association (AHA)