Midwestern University respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it consistent with this notice. This notice describes the type of information Midwestern University may collect from you when you visit the website www.midwestern.edu, www.mwuclincis.edu, or any other Midwestern University landing page (collectively “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This notice does not apply to protected health information, which is subject to Midwestern University’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
By accessing our Website, you agree to this notice. This notice may change from time-to-time. Your continued use of this Website after changes are made is deemed to be an acceptance of this notice and any future changes. If you do not agree with part or all of this notice, your choice is not to use our Website.
Midwestern University collects several types of information about when you interact with our Website through automatic data collection technologies such as those provided by the Google Analytics Advertising features (e.g., Remarketing Audiences, Demographics, Interest Data, Segments). Information collected includes information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including your location, search history, YouTube history, and data from sites that partner with Google. Other information that may be collected includes information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Midwestern University to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Midwestern University to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Google may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How Midwestern University uses your information
Midwestern University uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To monitor and improve performance of our Website, diagnose technical problems and identify usage trends;
- Perform data analytics & generate aggregate statistical reports;
- To customize the content you see when you visit our Website;
- To fulfill your requests for certain services and information;
- To contact you; and
- Serve you advertisements (e.g., using tools such as Google Analytics & Google Ads to remarket to individuals who visit our sites)
- Conduct other marketing activities
We will not sell or rent your information to anyone.
How you can control the information collected through the Midwestern University website
Here are some of the ways you can control the information that is shared by your device when you visit a Website:
- Ad Settings helps you control ads you see on Google services (such as Google Search or YouTube), or on non-Google websites and apps that use Google ad services. You can also learn how ads are personalized, opt out of ad personalization, and block specific advertisers.
- If you are signed in to your Google Account, and depending on your Account settings, My Activity allows you to review and control data that’s created when you use Google services, including the information we collect from the sites and apps you have visited. You can browse by date and by topic and delete part or all of your activity.
- Midwestern University Clinics website uses Google Analytics to understand how our visitors engage our content. If you don’t want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on. Learn more about Google Analytics and privacy.
- Incognito mode in Chrome allows you to browse the web without recording webpages and files in your browser or Account history (unless you choose to sign in). Cookies are deleted after you’ve closed all of your incognito windows and tabs, and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them. Learn more about cookies.
- Many browsers, including Chrome, allow you to block third-party cookies. You can also clear any existing cookies from within your browser. Learn more about managing cookies in Chrome.
- You may choose whether to permit Cookies from Google Analytics by using Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add-On
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process; or, if Midwestern University believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Midwestern University or its community.
Children under the age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features. If Midwestern University learns that it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, Midwestern University will delete that information.
Office of Communications
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Effective, July 2023