- CASPA Application
Completed applications with all required materials must be submitted to the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) at www.caspaonline.org by October 1st. Please refer to the CASPA application instructions for specific details about completing the application, required documents, and processing time. CASPA applications are available beginning in April of the academic year preceding the year in which applicants plan to matriculate. Due to the large number of applications and the limited number of seats available, applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their CASPA applications early in the cycle. Applications are reviewed continuously throughout the admissions cycle.
- Letters of Recommendation
Applicants are required to submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation from professionals to CASPA (www.caspaonline.org). The Office of Admissions will only accept letters of recommendation received directly from CASPA. It is preferred, but not required, that one letter be written by a science professor who has actually taught the student or a pre-health advisory committee. The second letter can be written by any one of the following: pre-health advisory committee, pre-health advisor, college professor, or health care professional (preferably a PA) who knows the applicant well. Personal references are discouraged. Please refer to the CASPA application instructions for specific guidelines and requirements for submitting letters of recommendation. The Office of Admissions must receive letters of recommendation no later than November 1st.
- GRE Scores
Applicants are required to submit official GRE general test scores to Midwestern University. The MWU institutional code for submitting scores is 4160. Only test scores earned during the previous five years and sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) will be accepted. The Office of Admissions must receive official GRE scores no later than November 1st.
- CASPer Scores All applicants to the AZ program are required to complete CASPer, the online situational judgement test. The final test date accepted will be offered in late September. The Office of Admissions must receive official CASPer scores no later than November 1st.
- Completed Applications
The Office of Admissions will send a letter verifying receipt of the CASPA application to all applicants who meet the minimum cumulative science and overall GPA requirement of 3.00. Letters will also include instructions on tracking application status online. Applicants are responsible for tracking the receipt of their application materials to ensure the submission of all required documents. Applicants will only be considered for entrance into the Program when the Office of Admissions has received all required application materials which must be received no later than November 1st. In-progress prerequisite courses must be completed prior to matriculation.
- Advanced placement credit may be awarded for comparable Midwestern University courses only. Advanced placement credit is considered once applicants have been accepted into the Physician Assistant Program. Credit is not guaranteed and is awarded on a course-by-course basis consistent with the CHS Advanced Placement Policy.
- Once the admissions cycle is underway, the Midwestern University Physician Assistant Program strongly encourages applicants to provide the Office of Admissions with updates to their application (i.e. transcripts of courses completed since the initial application).
- Once a CASPA Application is submitted, the Midwestern University Physician Assistant Program faculty are not permitted to discuss an application with the applicant other than at a formal interview. If you have an open and pending application please address all inquiries to the Office of Admissions.
Please note: Applicants are responsible for notifying the Office of Admissions of any changes in their mailing address or e-mail address. All requests for application withdrawal must be made in writing via e-mail, fax, or letter to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
19555 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
623/572-3215 or 888/247-9277