The CGS Program may allow for the transfer of credits from graduate-level coursework completed at other institutions prior to matriculation at Midwestern University.  The Program decides upon all requests for advanced placement by newly admitted students on a course-by-course basis.  To request such consideration, a student must submit a letter of request to the Program Director in which the student lists a course(s) previously taken which might be similar in content to the Midwestern University professional course(s) that the student is required to take.  The student must also provide an official course description(s) and a syllabus (syllabi) of the course(s) previously taken.  The Program Director will share the submitted course materials with the appropriate course director to determine if the course(s) is an appropriate substitute.  All requests must be submitted prior to matriculation.  Typically, advanced placement will only be considered for coursework in which a minimum letter grade of "B" has been earned.  A "C" letter grade is not acceptable for advanced placement consideration.  If the Program denies the request for advanced placement, the student may appeal this decision to the CGS Dean.

If a course is accepted for credit, the equivalent Midwestern University course and the Advanced Placement (AP) notation will be recorded on the transcript along with the name of the institution at which the credit was earned.  Any earned letter grade will not be included on the transcript or used in the GPA calculation.  Further details may be found in the individual CGS program catalogs.