The mission of this Council is to encourage alumni to participate actively in the College of Pharmacy-Glendale (CPG) community by fostering fellowship amongst peers and faculty, enriching the lives and learning experiences of the newest classes of CPG student pharmacists, embracing the ideals of life-long learning and service and contributing to the culture of our esteemed college and University as a whole.
Our vision is to engage the alumni of CPG on a quarterly basis by creating a range of appealing programs and activities that alumni will seek out to remain involved with each other, current and future pharmacist interns and our college.
Travis Shelton, Pharm.D. '09 - President
Alison Sutton, Pharm.D. '12 - Vice President
Tiffany Gordon, Pharm.D. '14 - Secretary/Treasurer
Joy Reese, Pharm.D. '06 - Alumni Senate Representative
Mary Gurney, Ph.D., RPh - Faculty Representative
The College encourages you to join us in the tradition of excellence and help us inspire a new generation of students by becoming a preceptor. After all, who better to train CPG students than those who were once in their shoes? Preceptors receive the following benefits:
- Earn free CE credit through Pharmacists Letter, live training, and membership in the Collaborative Education Institute (CEI).
- Access MWU library resources and utilize CPG faculty as teaching and clinical resources
- Access CPG's drug information service
- Received reduced rates for CPG's CareeRxpo
- Recruit top students to your practice site
- Infuse your practice site with new ideas and insights
- Contribute to the education of future colleagues
- Give back to the profession and your alma mater
To request a preceptor application or for more information, please contact the Office of Experiential Education by phone at 623.572.3557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other ideas on how to become involved, click here.