Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Veterans' Educational Benefits
Most university programs at Midwestern University are approved for VA benefits with the exception of some of our newer programs. For assistance on how to apply for VA educational benefits, please contact the Registrar's office at your campus.
NOTE: Because Midwestern University is a private educational institution, students attending the university are not eligible to receive the Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG). Midwestern University also does not participate in the Tuition Assistance program (TA) or the Yellow Ribbon program.
MWU will certify VA benefits for students under the following benefit chapters:
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11): Eligible to veterans and servicepersons with at least 90 days of active duty service after 9/10/01, or 30 days if discharged with a service-connected disability.
- Chapter 30: Eligible to veterans and servicepersons with at least 2 years of active duty after 6/30/85, and some veterans who were eligible for another benefit prior to that time.
- Chapter 31: Eligible to veterans and servicepersons who require vocational rehabilitation.
- Chapter 35: Eligible to dependents of a veteran who died in service or is totally and permanently disabled as a result of service.
- Chapter 1606: Eligible to active members of the selected reserves with a six-year obligation contract.
- Chapter 1607: Eligible to reservists called to active duty for 90 days or longer in response to a contingency operation.
Service members may also find that they can transfer benefit entitlements to their spouses or dependent children.
Students must receive approval of benefit eligibility status through the VA at www.gibill.va.gov and forward a copy of their "Certificate of Eligibility to their Registrar's office for processing. Students should then contact their Registrar's office for further instructions regarding required paperwork and time frame for processing enrollment certification. Students who receive VA educational benefits are required to provide offical military transcripts for review of prior education/training to the Registrar's Office at the time of marticulation.
Education benefits vary for the different branches of service. If you're considering the military, our Student Financial Services office has provided the following information for your local military recruiters. Make sure you attend our "Armed Forces Day" events where military recruiters from all of the branches listed below come over to our respective campuses for the entire afternoon to talk to our students and answer all of your questions.
Get more information at the military websites: