|Course Title:||New Aspects of Dentistry: A Day with Drs. Gordon and Rella Christensen (Alumni Registration)|
|Date:||Saturday, October 27, 2018|
|Times:||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|Course Fee:||$110 (To Register Click Here) (Alumni Fee)|
|Speakers:||Gordon Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD and Rella Christensen, RDH, PhD|
|Audience:||Dentists and Team Members|
|Conflict of Interest:||The listed speaker does not have a conflict of interest|
|Location:||Ocotillo G Hall, Midwestern University, Glendale AZ Campus|
This program includes numerous hot topics in dentistry that are potentially very useful for the profession but are also somewhat controversial. The following and other topics of audience interest will be presented:
- Positively influencing patients toward acceptance of treatment plans,
- Esthetic dentistry, the numerous procedures that patients want-new types of veneers, the best materials and techniques for all uses of direct resin, whitening teeth, and others,
- Full-strength zirconia, translucent zirconia, IPS e. max - why, where, and how to use them,
- A candid appraisal of current technologies available in the profession,
- A new environmental surface disinfectant that surpasses all others,
- Implant prosthodontics - the best techniques and materials for single to multiple tooth replacements with implants,
- Enhancing practice productivity by creative use of dental assistants, hygienists, and front desk staff, and
- Other timely topics as suggested by the participants.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be better able to
- Discuss and compare the numerous materials and techniques in current esthetic restorative dentistry,
- Engage assistants, hygienists, and front desk staff to an optimum level to enhance service and practice productivity,
- Compare the usefulness and potential value of the current technologies available in the profession for your practice,
- Evaluate and compare surface disinfectants for use in your practice
- Integrate the appropriate products and concepts included in the presentation into your practice.
|8:00 am||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|8:30 am||Lecture Begins|
|10:15 am||Lecture Continues|
|12:45 pm||Lecture Continues|
|2:15 pm||Lecture Continues|
|4:30 pm||End of Course, Evaluation and Pick-Up Attendance Verification|
Martha C Clements, MEd, Continuing Dental Education Specialist
623-572-3870 (office), 623-572-3830 (Fax)
Gordon J. Christensen is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Practical Clinical Courses (PCC), Chief Executive Officer of Clinicians Report Foundation (CR), and a Practicing Prosthodontist in Provo, Utah.
Gordon and Dr. Rella Christensen are co-founders of the non-profit CLINICIANS REPORT FOUNDATION (previously named CRA), which Rella directed for many years. Since 1976, they have conducted research in all areas of dentistry and published the findings to the profession in the well-known CRA Newsletter now called CLINICIANS REPORT. Gordon's degrees include: DDS, University of Southern California; MSD, University of Washington; PhD, University of Denver; and two honorary doctorates. Dr. Christensen is a member of numerous professional organizations.
Early in his career, Gordon helped initiate the University of Kentucky and University of Colorado dental schools and taught at the University of Washington. Currently, he is an adjunct professor at the University of Utah, School of Dentistry. Gordon has presented thousands of hours of continuing education globally, made hundreds of educational videos used throughout the world, and published widely. Gordon and Rella's sons are both dentists. William is a prosthodontist, and Michael is a general dentist. Their daughter, Carlene, is a teacher.
Rella Christensen, PhD co-founded Clinical Research Associates and directed this well-known dental products testing institute for 27 years and subsequently served as chairman of its Board of Directors. Currently, she is the founder and team leader of a laboratory dedicated to in-depth and long-term clinical studies on restorative materials, preventive dentistry, and dental caries, known as Technologies in Restoratives And Caries Research (TRAC Research). She has published research on restorative materials, dental caries, resin polymerization problems, disinfectants, facemasks, and effects of polishing on oral biofilm and tooth structure and has been the lead scientist and author of more than 1,800 studies reported in the CRA Newsletter.
Dr. Rella Christensen is a member of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry and the International and American Associations for Dental Research. As a nondentist, she was inducted into the International College of Dentists, Academy of General Dentistry, and the Academy of Dentistry International as an honorary member. She was selected as "A Distinguished Leader" by the Dental Manufacturers of America and a Leader in Continuing Education by Dentistry Today many times. In 2001 she became the Distinguished Alumnus of Brigham Young University's School of Life Sciences. In 2002 she received an Honorary Doctorate from Utah Valley State University. In 2011, she was named one of Dental Products Report "Top 25 Women in Dentistry" and one of the "30 Leaders in Dentistry" by Takacs Learning Center. In 2012, she was named "Most Influential Researcher" by Dr. Bicuspid.
COURSE FEE: $110
There are three ways to register for our continuing education programs:
- Online click here: complete online registration form and payment process per directions
- By mail: if you want to pay by check, make it out to Midwestern University, fill out the online form, print it out and send it along with your payment to: Dr. James Pashayan , College of Dental Medicine-AZ Midwestern University, Office of Continuing Dental Education, 19555 N 59th Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85308
- By email: scan completed registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing payment information. Please call 623-572-3870 if you have any questions about course content, directions, registration, etc. (click to download registration form)
Payment Methods: We accept checks, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and Visa. All checks should be made payable to: Midwestern University.
Cancellations and Refunds: The Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona Continuing Dental Education (MWUCDM-AZ CDE) office reserves the right to end registration when the enrollment limit is reached and to cancel, modify or alter content, faculty or location for any course if circumstances indicate such a change is advisable. If the MWUCDM-AZ CDE finds it necessary to cancel a course, a full refund will be issued. No travel expenses will be refunded to the registrant in the event of course cancellation or cancellation of any registration. Full tuition refunds are issued if the participant cancels in writing two weeks prior to a course. Cancellations processed during the two weeks prior to course date will be refunded tuition minus a late cancellation fee of $75.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations received three days prior to the day of the course or in the event of a no-show. Select courses may have individually specific cancellation fees and polices. A $50 fee will be assessed for all returned payments. Returned payments include returned checks and dishonored credit or debit card payments.
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine Arizona is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine Arizona designates this activity for 6.5 continuing education credits.
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine- Arizona is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry.
The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2019. Provider ID Number 342319