- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM)
Founded in 1900
- College of Pharmacy-Downers Grove (CPDG)
Founded in 1991
- College of Health Sciences (CHS)
Founded in 1992
- CHS – Illinois (CHSIL)
- CHS – Arizona (CHSAZ)
- College of Graduate Studies (CGS)
Founded in 2018
- CGS – Illinois (CGSIL)
- CGS – Arizona (CGSAZ)
- College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (CDMI)
Founded in 2009
- Chicago College of Optometry
Founded in 2016
- Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (AZCOM)
Founded in 1995
- College of Pharmacy-Glendale (CPG)
Founded in 1998
- College of Dental Medicine-Arizona (CDMA)
Founded in 2006
- Arizona College of Optometry (AZCOPT)
Founded in 2008
- College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
Founded in 2012
- Arizona College of Podiatric Medicine (AZCPM)
Founded in 2020
Midwestern University consists of the following colleges:
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
- College of Pharmacy-Downers Grove
- College of Health Sciences-Illinois
- College of Graduate Studies-Illinois
- College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
- Chicago College of Optometry
- Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
- College of Pharmacy-Glendale
- College of Dental Medicine-Arizona
- College of Health Sciences-Arizona
- College of Graduate Studies-Arizona
- Arizona College of Optometry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Arizona College of Podiatric Medicine
Our history, which has been guided by our mission to provide the best in health education, tells the story of amazing accomplishment and professional leadership.
Midwestern University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413.
To review accreditation, approval, or licensing documentation, please contact the Office of Accreditation & Support Services at 630/515-7322.
The two Midwestern University campuses each afford you unlimited opportunities by their proximity to large metropolitan areas. Our Downers Grove, Illinois Campus, with 105 acres boasting innovative facilities, nestles serenely in a wooded setting 25 miles west of downtown Chicago. Our Glendale, Arizona Campus, a 156-acre location that includes state-of-the-art facilities in a peaceful setting, is just 15 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix.
Enrollment for both campuses for the 2020-2021 academic year exceeds 6,900 students and includes approximately 1,838 osteopathic medical students, 1,003 pharmacy students, 1,115 dental medicine students, 475 optometry students, 480 veterinary students, 1,680 College of Health Sciences students, and 341 College of Graduate Studies students.
To help our students manage their academic responsibilities, we provide a variety of support, study, and tutorial programs.
Believing that well-rounded individuals make more caring healthcare professionals, we offer our students a variety of social, academic, and personal enrichment activities.
The Financial Aid Office helps coordinate three types of resources: scholarships and grants, employment programs, and loans. The Office automatically mails a financial aid packet to accepted students who return a signed matriculation agreement and submit their initial deposit.
For specific questions, contact MWU's Financial Aid Offices.
- Downers Grove: 630-515-6101
- Glendale: 623-572-3321
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Biomedical Sciences, Master
- Biomedical Sciences, Master of Arts
- Cardiovascular Science
- Speecch Language Pathology
- Public Health
- Podiatric Medicine
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Dental Medicine
- Clinical Psychology
- Veterinary Medicine
Midwestern University is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
19555 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Midwestern University provides equality of opportunity in its educational programs for all persons, maintains nondiscriminatory admission policies, and considers for admission all qualified students regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, disability, status as a veteran, age, pregnancy status, or marital status.