The field of assessment generally and accrediting agencies specifically are increasingly focused upon reviewing direct evidence of the achievement of stated student learning outcomes. Passage of a licensure/certification examination is an example of direct evidence of student learning because the examination and pass criterion are established by a professional organization external to Midwestern University. Most of the Midwestern University degree programs include as one of their stated student learning outcomes the passage of the relevant health professional licensure/certification examination(s). Accordingly, the Midwestern University institution-level, learning-assessment program provides direct evidence of student learning by profiling historically student performance on relevant licensure/certification examinations. Please refer to the Midwestern University Outcomes Matrix Part 2 report below for non-aggregated licensure/certification examination pass rates at the degree program (major) level. For presentations of both aggregated and individual licensure/certification examination pass rates, please refer to the "MWU Learning Assessment Program Results" reports listed below the MWU Outcomes Matrix.
Additionally, the Midwestern University institution-level, quality assessment program relates indirectly to student learning by providing a quality assessment of factors affecting the learning environment. Please see report presented below under "Assessment Reports: Ongoing/Historical".
In report titles below, "HLC" refers to the Higher Learning Commission , part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- MWU Outcomes Matrix: FY10 - FY19 [Part 1: Admissions/Graduation Outcomes]
- MWU Outcomes Matrix: FY10 - FY19 [Part 2: Direct Evidence of Student Learning - Examination Outcomes]
Learning Assessment Program Overviews
- MWU Budgetary Support of Teaching and Learning: FY06 - FY15 [Benchmark - 2017]
- MWU IPEDS Academic Library Component: FY14 - FY15 [Benchmark - 2017]
- MWU Library Benchmark Report (Academic Library Survey - 2012)
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) by Major, Gender and Race
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018) by Major, Gender and Race
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017) by Major, Gender and Race
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016) by Major, Gender and Race
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015) by Major, Gender and Race
- MWU Degrees Awarded (IPEDS: July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014) by Major, Gender and Race
Public Disclosure Student Achievement Outcomes
- MWU Student Achievement: Retention-Graduation-Licensure Examination Pass Rates (Links to public disclosure web page)