Application Process and Deadlines
College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Prospective applicants should submit all of their required application materials as early as possible. The College of Dental Medicine-Illinois uses a two-step application process. Applicants must submit both a completed AADSAS application and an MWU supplemental application.
- AADSAS Application: To initiate the application process, all applicants must apply online via the AADSAS centralized application service at https://portal.aadsasweb.org. The AADSAS application is typically available in June. Please refer to the AADSAS instructions for specific application requirements and procedures. The deadline for submission of the AADSAS application with all required application materials is January 1.
- DAT Scores: Applicants must arrange for scores from the DAT to be sent directly to AADSAS. Only official test scores earned within three years prior to matriculation and received directly from AADSAS are acceptable.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from academic sources and professionals to AADSAS. The Office of Admissions will only accept letters of recommendation received directly from AADSAS. Letters sent directly to the Office of Admissions will not be accepted. Please refer to the AADSAS application instructions for specific guidelines and requirements for submitting letters of recommendation. The letters must be received by the Office of Admissions from AADSAS on or before March 1.
- Supplemental Application: After receiving AADSAS applications from the application service, the Office of Admissions will email supplemental applications to all applicants who meet the minimum cumulative and BCP science GPA requirements of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale, as calculated by AADSAS. Applicants must complete and submit their supplemental applications with the required information and their application fee to the Office of Admissions on or before March 1.
- Completed Applications: All application materials, including the AADSAS application, official DAT scores (as reported to AADSAS), two letters of recommendation (as submitted to AADSAS), and supplemental application materials with the application fee must be received in the Office of Admission on or before March 1. Only completed applications received by the Office of Admissions on or before the deadline date will be reviewed for potential entrance into the program.
Please Note: Applicants are responsible for tracking the receipt of their application materials and verifying the status of their applications on the University website. The Office of Admissions will send qualified applicants instructions for checking the status of the application materials online. Applicants are also responsible for notifying the Office of Admissions of any changes in their mailing address or e-mail address.
Office of Admissions
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
630/515-7200 or 800/458-6253