Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Post-Master's Certificate/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Track Program Admission
Admission Requirements (Post-Master's Certificate)
To be considered for admission to the Post-Master's Certificate/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Track, applicants must submit the following documented evidence:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree program.
- Current and unencumbered licensure to practice as a registered nurse in at least one legal jurisdiction in the United States and its territories.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as an advanced practice nurse in at least one legal jurisdiction in the United States and its territories.
- National certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Documentation of current clinical, educational, or administrative practice related to nursing that can serve to facilitate successful completion of an advanced nursing degree.
- Certification by the applicant that there are no pending or reasonably anticipated investigations of his/her registered nursing licensure or advanced practice certification.
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Successful completion of a college-level statistics course.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with faculty, patients, and colleagues.
- Successful completion of the program application on the Midwestern University website.
- Successful completion of a Midwestern University Criminal Background Check.
- Commitment to abide by the Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Successful completion of an interview with program faculty (scheduled during the final application review).
- Successful completion of all physical examination and inoculation requirements prior to matriculation.
- Certification of Basic Life Support (BLS) and AED Training for Health Care Professionals prior to matriculation.