Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
College of Veterinary Medicine
The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) was founded in 2012 and graduated its inaugural class of 102 veterinary students in 2018. The College offers a four-year curriculum that prepares veterinarians to provide exemplary animal care and impact the world by improving animal and human health through research, scholarly activity, and service to the public. Veterinarians reduce the impact of zoonotic diseases on both people and animals, and help to maintain the integrity of the nation's food chain.
The mission of Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine is to improve animal and human life through innovative veterinary education, state-of-the-art health care services, and scholarly work relevant to the principles of One Health.
Vision & Goals
CVM students spend their pre-clinical training years in classroom lectures, laboratories, and simulation lab exercises. During clinical training, students rotate through a variety of diverse veterinary care experiences, both on campus and at external sites.
As a Midwestern University veterinary student, you will:
- Attend a full-time, four-year program that awards graduates the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) degree
- Spend pre-clinical training years in classroom lectures, laboratories, and simulation lab exercises
- Choose your veterinary path with flexible externships and electives to meet your career goals during clinical rotations
- Rotate through a variety of diverse veterinary care experiences, including hands-on animal contact and clinical skills training, on campus and at external sites
- Take classes in new state-of-the-art on-campus facilities, including a veterinary teaching clinic and a large animal teaching facility, all designed specifically for CVM students
- Enjoy the quality of life and attractive cost of living in Arizona, with affordable on-campus housing and financial aid programs designed with students' needs in mind
Learn more about the veterinary program at the College of Veterinary Medicine.