Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
Founded in 1900, the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) is one of the most respected medical schools in the country. CCOM embraces the osteopathic philosophy of a patient-oriented versus disease-oriented approach to healthcare and prepares students to regard the body as an integrated whole.
CCOM educates osteopathic physicians to provide compassionate quality care, promote the practice of osteopathic medicine and lifelong learning, research and service. The mission of the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine will be achieved by meeting the following objectives:
- Demonstrating compassionate care
- Demonstrating quality educational outcomes
- Providing osteopathic medical care
- Educating students in principles of lifelong learning
- Promoting research and scholarly activity
- Providing elective opportunities for students to participate in research and scholarly activities
- Sponsoring service-learning experiences through required CCOM class and club service activities
- Providing introduction to the MWU/OPTI through class presentations
- Providing instructional material and presentations on preparation for residency placement
- Providing faculty development programs
CCOM achieves educational excellence through:
- Practice and Application of the Osteopathic Philosophy
Learn more about the osteopathic program at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine.