Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Build a Successful Career
The College of Health Sciences is pleased to offer a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program. This graduate nursing program educates baccalaureate-prepared registered nurses to become executive nurse leaders in direct and indirect roles within global health and complex care systems.
Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/ Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program
Midwestern University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413.
*Midwestern University is actively pursuing specialty nursing accreditation.
To be considered for admission to the MSN/Nurse Leadership in Global Health program, applicants must submit the following documented evidence:
- Current and unencumbered licensure to practice as a registered nurse in at least one legal jurisdiction in the United States and its territories.
- Documentation of current clinical, educational, or administrative practice related to nursing that can serve to facilitate successful completion of the MSN/Nurse Leadership in Global Health degree program.
- Certification by applicants that there are no pending or reasonably anticipated investigations of their registered nursing licensure or advanced practice certification (if applicable).
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with faculty, patients, and colleagues.
- Successful completion of the program application on the Midwestern University website.
- Successful completion of a Midwestern University Criminal Background Check.
- Commitment to abide by the Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Successful completion of an interview with program faculty (scheduled during the final application review).
- Successful completion of all physical examination and inoculation requirements prior to matriculation.
- Certification of Basic Life Support (BLS) and AED Training for Healthcare Providers prior to matriculation.
*According to the 2019 American Organization for Nursing Leadership™ Executive Summary applicable to 72% of Nurse Managers
*According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)