Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
- All campus and clinic facilities are cleaned and sanitized daily and all buildings are using additional outside airflow to maintain a healthy environment.
- Computer labs are being cleaned three times a day and are currently open from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, in order to allow for overnight sanitization.
- Janitorial crews have increased their cleaning frequency and sanitation procedures.
Members of the Campus Facilities and Readiness Team have completed extensive audits of each classroom, laboratory and lecture hall on our campuses to identify what changes needed to be implemented under the new public health guidelines. The biggest modification to campus is the new occupancy counts for 75 classrooms and lecture halls. We have significant reductions in occupancy levels, and will schedule smaller student groups to the teaching facilities on both the Downers Grove and Glendale Campuses. Today, as you enter campus you will encounter new signage including new occupancy counts, social distanced chairs and desks, limited seating in auditoriums, and new designated laboratory work stations. Signage will guide you to entrances and exits, and provide six-foot spacing when entering a facility. Other significant changes include the following:
- New technology in all 75 classrooms and lecture halls include new hardware and software that can provide the same experience for students online and in person with simple recording of all presentation materials and documents. While teaching, faculty can now just push one button to record their lecture and it directly loads the video content into their CANVAS course. We have purchased and installed new conference room style microphones to provide improved audio experience for the students online and the actual recording. We have now integrated the document cameras into the computer for the online student experience. To assist our faculty, they will be provided with clear keyboard covers, sanitizing “to go” kits to use in classrooms and lecture halls, to sanitize screens or other equipment. Face shields will be made available to faculty when lecturing and teaching.
- Students will be encouraged to contact their faculty for advising and assistance with teaching materials via TEAMS instead of in person at the end of the lecture, in a classroom or office. All students will be required to wear a mask at all lectures.
The campus cafeterias are open for the campus community, with additional health and safety protocols being followed. The University has added directional indicators to enter and exit the cafeterias and have also marked the six feet distancing to assist our faculty, staff, and students from becoming too close to another guest.
Library patrons are required to wear a mask while entering, moving through, and exiting the library since there are many places where six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. Library books and materials are being sanitized on a frequent basis.
Midwestern University Clinics are open to provide exceptional care to the many patients who depend on us; we are following the recommendations of the CDC and U.S. Surgeon General. More information can be found at https://www.mwuclinics.com/